Thursday, November 26, 2009

me and evel knevil




Yes I know Evel Knevil does not have a mustache but that is the first name that came to mind when I saw my dad with his mustache. It is his alter ego. My first Thanksgiving without my mother and sisters and brother. Because technically I did not eat the meal with Brit, but we did watch her eat some meatloaf that looked and smelled and so I heard tasted like cat food. Yum, that is what I call a MEOW-tastic meal on thanksgiving. It was strange to not drive to Grandma's house and eat her food. Be surrounded by my loud and loving family. Sit around the living room and just talk. Eat leftovers for dinner, breakfast, lunch, and snack. Being away like this and missing one of the best holidays invented, has made me appreciate what I have. And on the day when you are suppose to give thanks and count your blessing, I did. I have so many things to be thankful for.



My amazing close-knit family, whom I love to death. My twin sista, who is very important to me. A college education free of charge. My health, I am a strong and beefy women. And my families health. A home which is not a physical place, but a mindset that is full of love, support, and comfort, we have that and so much more. A long life full of exciting and amazing journeys that linger in my future.

Here is a wimpy glimpse into the interesting thanksgiving, but there best part my dad and I decided is that we didn't get as full as we normally do. So after we ate we didn't feel horribly sick, which was bitter sweet.

Happy Thanksgiving. I am thankful for all of the people in my life. I am truly blessed.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

MISS YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE. BUT SO HAPPY OUR HOMES WILL BE THE SAME SO SOON.

LOVE AUNT SHELL

gkitty said...

Mere, we missed you all, the gang of us shopping on State Street and going to see New Moon was not as imposing and dramatic as it would have been with the redheads!! You've got to STOP saying you "couldn't live without your twin. Cancel, cancel! You don't want the universe to let you try that on. Just say how much fun it is to have a twin no matter where she is! Love you to bits!!