Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Happy Place






I have yet to find that place that makes me feel safe and at peace. My mom has been telling over the past five months to find this place so I could escape from the uncomfortable and run away to a place of familiar. I have thought alot about this and where I would choose. And now that I am back at school after a three week break. I feel I must decide in order to make it through the last eighteen weeks left of my freshman year.
After much thought I have decided that my place, my get-away, my mind paradise is going to be the middle cushion on my family's red leather sofa. With a giant blanket and a good movie on and my mom and my sisters surrounding me. With the sound of my brother and dad in the background.
By simply taking myself to this place it makes all the homesickness go away and the days till I go home seem less than the number of fingers on my hands. Making it easier for me to make it through.
I am excited for what the future is bringing. Happy day!

5 comments:

britcrenshaw said...

Bravo!!! i am so impressed with your writing!!!
i love your special place!! and i love you!!

Kaminski Family said...

Love you!!!

gkitty said...

Meredith Lynn,
This is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! So descriptive and real!! The kind of writing that puts the reader into your shoes. I love it!! I can see from your "happy place," why you are able to open up and shine for all of us to see. I love you !

shelley said...

I love you too! And I love how Brittany is always the first to comment. Can you create a blog for Britt?

Mere said...

she doesn't want one and i have already tired