Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Happiest day of college by far!!











When I first discovered that the University of Northern Colorado was in the same conference as the college twenty minutes down the road from Spokane. I was so happy that i would be able to see my twin sista play volleyball. And this week was the week that they would be coming, Friday the 13th of November. She had informed that she would find out about making the traveling team on Wednesday. So I mentally prepared myself to not stress out till Wednesday. So, today I was texting my sista telling her silly stuff like "Yada and Sippy say hello Brittany!" and then unexpectedly I received a phone call from her. The only thing she said was "guess what?!?!?". And I immediately started to cry and we both started to sob. Yes this sounds pathetic but you need to understand that I have been separated from my other half for four months and prior to these four months we spent almost every moment together. And we have tried to skype, text, call, and me the lame super fan, watch every single one of her games online, to keep up with each other. But college life is so busy and we knew it would be hard but we are going to be much stronger because of it. Except the one time she actually played, Gramma and I thought we wouldn't miss anything if we grabbed a quick meal. Silly us, I will never walk away from a UNC volleyball game online ever again. No webcam for me this weekend! I am going to see her in person! I can not even explain how happy I am, it is the kind of joy that brings happy tears every time I imagine me running to her (in slow motion of course) and in the background "reunited and it feels so good..." And for those of you who sadly won't be there for that beautiful reunion I will have my lovely assistant Kate capture the moment on film. Man, I am so grateful to have another human being who understands me completely and can finish my sentences, be my mirror when there is none to be found, laugh for no reason, talk for hours about nothing but life (remember brit when we would get in bed after 10:00 practices and lay in bed talking for what seemed like hours), be my rock, change my mood, and be my best friend and my sista at the same time. Brittany Anne Crenshaw I love you and can not wait for Friday. You are my bff and my sista for life! "Hows it sista?" Love you, Mere the Bear with Red Hair who uses Nair down There ;)

3 comments:

britcrenshaw said...

Mere!! I am so excited to see you too. When I found out that I was going I laid down on the ground and started crying in front of Tom (one of my coaches)ad he said that he didnt even know that you were coming to the game and hat it wasnt even a factor in me going. Then he said one of his many famous one liners " Im proud of you kid!" and then walked out of the team room leaving me on the ground crying lol I am such a loser. Then I imediately called you on speaker phone cuz my best friends on my team wanted to hear me tell you:) Well anyways thanks for including me once aagain in your wonderful blog. It makes me feel so special:)
I love you and cant wait to see how skinny and buff you are!!!
Love your sista, Brit

gkitty said...

I'm so glad Kate will be there to record this reunion! I wish I could be there to see it but I'll bet we will all feel it! Sort of like a force of nature!!! You girls have fun! Laugh and cry and giggle and get your fill. I'm sure you'll be sharing a tiny room over the holidays and be sick of each other by January. Not! Love you my girls!! G. Kitty xoxo

shelley said...

I LOVE YOU TWO!!!!!!!!