Tuesday, February 2, 2010

me encanta





Here is the art that I have been working on for the past three weeks. It is a series of four separate works. The first being the simple line drawing, the cross hatching, and then the inverted dots. The final piece is all three works incorporated into the 3 by 3 grid, called a tileation. I like the end result and it is pretty good for the first piece of work, if I do say so myself.

Life is good up here in the Great Northwest. It has only been three weeks and I am already ready for spring break. Not that I am truly enjoying school, I am. I just hate missing out on the transition. Not to mention the well being of my lovely roommate is on the line. There is only so much I can take. But I have good news, she will be transferring next year. So for the next four months I need to keep my side of the street or should I say room clean. And have good krama and "try" to be nice.

Oh and other good news. Spokane is having the strangest winter. There is no snow! I am still cold of course but everyone says that I need to be thankful because it could be much worse. So thank you global warming for slowly letting be acclimate to the freezing winters of the Great Northwest.

Hope all is well, lots of love.

2 comments:

gkitty said...

Mere, I LOVE your art work!! Very impressive! I'm so grateful you are writing your blog. Your writing is getting better and better all the time and i love the little window into your life. It's been kind of cold here yesterday and today. The low sixties, which for me calls for a sleeping bag vest. I'm going to go pick up Holland from practice in a few minutes. Oh, Ari started club!! I am so proud of her! She's exceptional just like her cousins. Love you Meredith Lynn, keep drawing and writing. If you're good in one art from you are good in all art forms. xo

britcrenshaw said...

Very nice!! you art is great!!!
I feel the same about missing out on the move too. But dont worry we will be there very soon:) Keep putting out good Karma girl!!
Love you!!!