Monday, February 15, 2010

be my valentine.

What is love?
Love is the feeling of home. Of belonging. The desire to do anything for another person. You can talk about anything or sit in silence. Smile for no reason at all. Laugh so hard you can't breathe. Be angry and ten seconds later be best friends. Love is what keeps me going. Because knowing that there is love means that life can be good, is good, is exciting, and sometimes painful. Love is everywhere, look around. It is in a look, a hug, holding hands, smiling, laughing, a wink, a sigh, and I love it.

The day of Valentines Day is a day to show your love to those you love. But I don't need a specified day to do that. Everyday should be the day to tell, show and share your love everyday.

The hard thing about this year was that I wasn't surrounded by my loved ones. I didn't get to hug them and tell them how much they mean to me. But I did wake up this morning and found a note from my parents in my valentine mail box that my RA put up. This note made me cry and I want to thank my RA for doing whatever she did to get my parents to send me a note and to my parents for their precious words.

This is what I call love:
















Love is awesome and fun to share! Happy belated Valentines Day!

4 comments:

gkitty said...

You've captured it! Love, in all of it's varieties. Beautiful Mere, thank you! I love the pictures too! Oh an i love you and your whole, big, expansive family to tiny little pieces!! xoxoxo G. Kitty

Kaminski Family said...

Ahh...well said!! Love you like crazy!!

britcrenshaw said...

So very true!!! THe pictures are awesome minus the ugly one of me... haha just kidding its okay it makes the collection complete:)
I love you and our amazingly special family too!! we are so blessed!
Sending hugs to all of them and you!! <3
Love,
Brit

shelley said...

I love you too!! Every one of you beautiful crazy Crenshaw Clan of love!