Wednesday, July 21, 2010

I Have Done it Again!


Hi All! It's Aunt Shelley. I am comandeering Mere's blog because I have grown bored of that old Alabama "Vacation That I Will Never Forget, Ever" post, and I'll bet you have too. Here's the report, as I see it, of the summer. Mere, you can add the pics.

Brittany returned to CO in late June. Ouch, that hurt! She will be back for a home break this weekend, though. Her heart and muscles are stronger than the rest of ours because she works out in altitude. Oh, and she eats a lot of fresh beef. Britt lives in an apartment now. She is fully versed in the language of roommate life. Maybe we will catch some good stories when she gets home.

Mere spent two weeks back at Gonzaga running the Volleyball summer camps. Her baby sister, Holland Sterling was an attendee. Was Mere proud of her sis? I am assuming she was. Speaking of proud, Mere's coach, Allen Allen said the Mere was looking GOOD as far as keeping in shape over the summer. We won't tell Al about the two good humor ice cream bars you chased your enchilada dinner with last night.

Holland now has her driver's permit and has taken her first behind the wheel training lesson with the Steve Morris School of Defensive Driving. I saw her peel out of Grandma Kitty's driveway last night with her mom and Morgan as passengers. I predict a new Crenshaw license by the Holidays.

Morgan has been spending a lot of time with his cousins, Kieran and Aidan. When together, they often go to magical places. Just the other day I arose from my nap to find a wizard, an explorer and a dragon rider in my living room. He and Poppy Tom just recently returned from a trip to the Kaminski house in Alabama, where they had a blast in the heat with their favorite southerners.

Grandma Kitty has healed beautifully from her neck lift. We can't really remember what she used to look like, only that she looks positively gorgeous in a choker and a v neck blouse. You hot G Kitty!

Poppy Tom is as fabulous as ever. Not much more to be said about that. He will be starting his new blog soon, or I will start it for him. He can start with book and movie reviews.

Stacy and Tony (Mom and Dad) are in heaven settling in to their new routines. Mom is busy ALL THE TIME, buzzing like a bee from one flower to another. She is either in her garden, volunteering at ceramics, working for Cathy and Summerland Mercantile, painting, sewing, designing, washing dishes in her tiny kitchen sink, driving to or from Grandma Kitty's or her favorite thing, walking on the beach. Dad has been moving fence posts around, suspending bird feeders and erecting birdhouse skyscrapers, shopping at costco, swimming, and surfing. Life is very good.

Mere says she loves doing nothing and that nothing is worth doing. She's become wise with her passing years. What can I say. I must be rubbing off on her.

Love, Aunt Shell



1 comment:

Brittany Anne said...

Thank God you took over!!! I have been bored out here in cow country with nothing to read!
love the blog post and love you!! see you in 6 days!!!