Saturday, April 10, 2010

Dear Shelley,


Today was the first time in ten months that I had played in a competitive volleyball match. For those of you who know me, know that volleyball is my life. It's what got me to college, it's what makes me happy, it's what makes me want to be better at everything, it's what makes me want to be a good role model, and most importantly it's my outlet. But anyway it felt amazing, sure I have been playing in practice but it is not the same. The team on the other side has to be your opponent (or as I like to think enemy!) and in practice you can't get super serious when playing because I don't want to ripe off the heads of my teammates even though I have done it almost twice to Ally. What can I say I am my mother's daughter.
The official count down to my freshman year has commenced. Let me tell you that it has honestly been the most difficult time of my life. Even though when I was fourteen and my parents left me to go to Hawaii for their anniversary during HELL MONTH, I thought my life was over as I knew it. But those are the times when you are truly defined and I don't mean to toot my own horn but "TOOT!". I am so proud of myself and so grateful for my supportive family. And especially m y incredible parents for sitting with my on the phone for hours every weekend sobbing. I love you all.
Love Mere
P.S. I miss you aunt shell!

3 comments:

gkitty said...

TOOT TOOT TOOOT all you want! You have earned it girl!! So PROUD of you for not only hanging in there but coming through to the other side stronger, more confident and more beautiful inside and out!!! I love you! G. Kitty

Aunt Steph said...

Go ahead... rip their heads off!! You've waited long enough! Love you and can't wait to see you next month!
favorite Aunt Steph.

Shelley said...

LOVE YOU!! I am so proud of you. Can't wait to make some films together this summer!